Tuesday 13 May 2014

last weeks photography...

As well as my own business cards we've been busy on the Dec Arts course getting work organised for the brochure which everyone will be able to see at the Degree show. Each student has a double page spread in the brochure...the ideas for photos were to have a composition piece which contains inspiring objects/tools/samples etc and the second photo which covers an entire page is a more close up shot, focusing on detail within 1 of our pieces...Yasmin Ensor did a really good job of taking all the photos for our brochure...have a look at her work on facebook.


Above is my composition layout...I included on of my most relevant drawings which I feel communicates my inspiration and shows how I portray this through my ceramics. I then added my main tools...not many as all my pieces are built by hand, I use the metal, wooden and rubber kidneys to smooth the surface slightly and push the form into shape. I've also included one of my very first favourite pieces, produced from my small push mould. The glaze tiles are all tones which I have developed and will use throughout my show!


This is the close up, detailed image taken from one of my recent pieces. This image will cover an entire page, revealing the textured surface and combination of tones where one glaze meets another.